| Chapter 2|
|Campaign||Welcome to Hell|
|Welcome to Hell Chapter Chronology|
The Wall is the second chapter of the custom campaign Welcome to Hell. Finding the CEDA evacuation completely deserted, the Survivors continue on through an outdoor pool and then back on to the street. Finding the street barricaded off to keep areas under quarantine, they proceed through the back alleys until they reach a factory. Once outside, they notice that the military took over for CEDA, as military equipment and vehicles can be seen throughout the area. The Survivors continue their way down the back alleys, making their way through the barricades as military jets are flying above continuing their bomb runs. Finally, the survivors reach another freeway and make their way past Witches into a underground parking lot.
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Stay together and navigate together. Watch where you step when nearing the saferoom as the Witches make it difficult.
waiting for info
waiting for info
- The military is once again seen taking over CEDA operations, as they appear to do in several other campaigns.
- Even though the Survivors know that the military took over from The Parish, they will note it again as if it is the first time they have seen this (due to the author re-using the same dialog lines).
- The freeway is used as another landmark objective.
- The Riot Infected is the Uncommon Infected in this chapter.
- Once the gate finishes opening and the crescendo event subsides, the alarm doesn't turn off but strangely does not call any more infected (due to a mapping glitch).
- Just like The Sugar Mill, this chapter is populated by multiple Witches.