Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "Eyes and ears, people. Eyes and ears." |
This article Welcome to Hell/The HotZone needs attention and dedicated editors.
What needs to be addressed: Both the Versus and Campaign sections require content.
| Chapter 1|
|Campaign||Welcome to Hell|
|Welcome to Hell Chapter Chronology|
- "You know what? No more helicopters. I'm just saying that now. I'm good."
The HotZone is the first chapter of the Custom Campaign Welcome to Hell. After escaping the bridge finale in The Parish in a military helicopter, it is possible that this time instead of the pilot becoming an infected, the helicopter was either shot down by the military (as seen in The Cemetery) to stop potential carriers of the infection or that the helicopter continue to have engine trouble and the pilot never fixed the problem and it crashed due to engine failure. The Survivors escape the wreckage and climb up to a rooftop of a nearby building and try to regroup and assess where they are in the city. It appears that they have found themselves right in the epicenter of the Infection when it hit New Orleans as many CEDA decontamination trailers and triage tents can be seen as well as CEDA posters. The Survivors continue on by foot through the quarantined area, down into the sewer, and back to the surface where they reach a CEDA Emergency Vaccination and Wellness Center and take refuge inside...
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Keep together! The horde is much more powerful than you think.
- The helicopter crashes yet again, but possibly for different reasons
- The campaign continues from Left 4 Dead 2's The Parish
- Some dialog throughout Left 4 Dead 2 is re-used here
- The infected CEDA worker can be found throughout this chapter
- A military flatbed truck is seen driving on the freeway above the Survivors; it is unknown if it is actual military personnel driving it or other survivors driving it. However, it is assumed to be the original Survivors (from Left 4 Dead) as the vehicle is seen in a later chapter near the finale.