| "Eyes and ears, people. Eyes and ears." |
This article needs attention and dedicated editors.
What needs to be addressed: Both the Versus and Campaign sections require content.
| Chapter 3|
|Campaign||Welcome to Hell|
|Welcome to Hell Chapter Chronology|
The Bridge is the third chapter of the Custom Campaign Welcome to Hell. After the Survivors make it to the underground parking lot, they continue through the stairwell to the offices upstairs. After navigating through the cubicles, they head out the window and are on the rooftop of the building where they must use a forklift to create a stairwell to get on the other side of the fence. Once the clear the fence, they continue through more offices until they find a path made to get on to the freeway. They head down the freeway when it is yet again bombed by the military.
Finding the freeway blocked, they had into the newly blown hole into the building beside the freeway and make their way through it and down a fire escape ladder. Once down the ladder, they hear the sounds of a nearby helicopter, they head down the tunnel to another military outpost only to find it completely overrun by the Infected. The helicopter takes off once again abandoning the Survivors and they once again continue to make their way through the shipping yard and down to a nearby bridge. They walk along the maintenance path under the bridge until they reach the other side and regroup at a sewer entrance. Once ready, the Survivors hit the switch and run through the network of sewers towards the safe room.
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Careful on the rooftop, don't get charged or fall off. And at the sewers, run to the saferoom!
- This chapter is similar to part of the chapter The Cemetery during The Parish, in which the military bomb an overpass highway as the Survivors attempt to use it to reach safety.
- News Chopper 5 from No Mercy is seen making a rescue attempt.
- A Fallen Survivor corpse and a crashed airplane can be seen from the rooftop.
- There are two crescendo events in this chapter.