| "Eyes and ears, people. Eyes and ears." |
This article needs attention and dedicated editors.
What needs to be addressed: Both the Versus and Campaign sections require content.
| Chapter 4|
|Campaign||Welcome to Hell|
|Welcome to Hell Chapter Chronology|
The Alleys is the fourth chapter of the Custom Campaign Welcome to Hell. After having spent the majority of the day in New Orleans, nightfall has arrived and the storm that the Survivors encountered in the town of Ducatel, is making its way to the city of New Orleans. The survivors leave the safe room and continue on through the sewer system until they reach the subway. They follow the subway tunnels until they reach an emergency exit leading to the surface. Once the alarm turns off and the survivors make it back to the streets, they head down the street and go through some stores, a bar, and a warehouse to reach a back alley way. Going through the alley, they head into an apartment building and up the stairs finding more supplies along the way. They enter a room where the floor is missing, jump back down to the first floor, and head back outside towards the courtyard. Once they leave the courtyard, they continue along on a barricaded street and proceeded down another alleyway. Passing all the construction and renovation of the building beside them, they enter into an internet cafe and head back outside on the scaffolding. Once the survivors open the fence, they enter the building that's undergoing renovations and head towards the missing wall, where several alarmed cars are parked. Exiting the parking lot and back on the street, they notice the military truck they seen before rammed into the street barricade and will continue down another alley until they reach the safe room.
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Keep together and watch for Spitters; the alleys are narrow and leave you vulnerable to their acid attack.
- Props from the DLC The Passing can be seen in this chapter
- The same idea of car alarms from The Parish's The Cemetery is seen once again
- The subway train used is the same subway from No Mercy
- The emergency exit is the same idea from The Tunnel in Blood Harvest
- The Riot Infected are still the Uncommon Infected in this chapter
- The military flatbed truck from The HotZone is seen crashed into a barricade and its occupants are gone (they will be seen in the next chapter finale)