| "Built that thing to be Zombie-Proof!"
This article is not canon. Vienna Calling/Donauturm is a creation made by the community, and not by Valve.
| "Unless anyone has a better plan..."
This article, Vienna Calling/Donauturm, requires a properly written walkthrough.
|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
| Chapter 5|
|Vienna Calling Chapter Chronology|
- "Also gut, auf geht's, ich bin gleich da. I'll be there soon."
- ―Austria chopper pilot
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Be carefull when enjoy the the view over the city - you might not be alone.
At the beginning, the AI Survivors will grab:
- Bill will grab an Assault Rifle.
- Francis will grab an Auto Shotgun.
- Louis will grab an Assault Rifle.
- Zoey will grab a Hunting Rifle.
This is not always absolute; the AI Survivors may occasionally attempt to balance out the ratio of firearms depending on what the human players pick up first.
This campaign doesn't support Versus mode.
- Donauturm translates to Danube Tower. It is the tallest free-standing structure in Austria and is located near the north bank of the Danube River.
- During the time when you get rescued, supposedly you are suppose to be on the top of a high structure, but when the camera pans out to view the Helicopter, there is no other structure below the tower nor there is a support beams underneath the tower. This may have been a developer error.
- There seems to be a very strong fog in this level, obscuring the player(s) sight. Although this could just be some dense clouds since this chapter takes place on the very top of the tower.