| "Built that thing to be Zombie-Proof!"
This article is not canon. Vienna Calling/Donauinsel is a creation made by the community, and not by Valve.
| "Unless anyone has a better plan..."
This article, Vienna Calling/Donauinsel, requires a properly written walkthrough.
|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
| Chapter 4|
|Vienna Calling Chapter Chronology|
- "Jumping into the river won't give you superpowers"
- ―Sign during the map
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Sometimes, reading signs is a good idea. Avoid the river at all costs.
At the beginning, the AI Survivors will grab:
- Bill will grab an Assault Rifle.
- Francis will grab an Auto Shotgun.
- Louis will grab an Assault Rifle.
- Zoey will grab a Hunting Rifle.
This is not always absolute; the AI Survivors may occasionally attempt to balance out the ratio of firearms depending on what the human players pick up first.
This campaign doesn't support Versus mode.
- For unknown reason, the River is toxic―it could be caused by the infection or just by the missing cleaning.
- It is possible for the AI Director to spawn a Tank right in front of the safe room when the Survivors leave the elevator―this, however, is rare.
- Donauinsel translates to Danube Island, which is an island that seperates New Danube from Danube.