Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "Built that thing to be Zombie-Proof!"
This article is not canon. Urban Flight/The Rooftops is a creation made by the community, and not by Valve.
| "Eyes and ears, people. Eyes and ears." |
This article Urban Flight/The Rooftops needs attention and dedicated editors.
What needs to be addressed: The Versus section requires content.
| Chapter 2|
|Urban Flight Chapter Chronology|
The Rooftops is the second chapter of the custom campaign Urban Flight. The Survivors continue off the streets and head up top to the roofs to avoid the Infected filled city. They head down some back alleys and up the fire escape ladders to reach the roof. While playing a game of snakes and ladders, travelling up and down the buildings from roof to roof, the Survivors go through several apartments, offices, and even a music recording/radio studio. Using the transmission tower, the Survivors cross the roofs and head down to street level and over towards the former Harbor View Hotel, now converted CEDA evacuation center and enjoy their momentary stay at the hotel.
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Watch out on heights, and drops on and between the rooftops as they can cause hefty damage to you and your team.
The Survivors continue on through the basement of the building, note that some of the lights may go out making it dark so try and take out the Infected as quickly as possible. Keep following the corridors until you arrive to a small alley in the back of the building. To effectively kill the Infected, shoot the nearby Propane tank right beside the barbecues and continue around the building and head up the fire escape of the adjacent building. Follow the fire escape all the way up to the rooftop while watching out for the Special Infected; once on the roof, kill any roaming Infected and to the left of the roofs, you'll find another fire escape ladder leading back down to the street. Climb down and you can find more weapons and ammo near the police cars, be careful when climbing down the ladder as if you miss your step or fall off the roof, you will take significant fall damage. Once your ready, either use the red ladder or climb the boxes to the left and head up onto the balcony of the apartment building.
Enter the abandon apartments and watch out as a Witch may appear in the dark building. Check the other apartments for supplies and head up the stairs until you find an apartment that is brightly lit, inside you'll find more weapons and ammo. Jump out the window onto the balcony and follow it until you cross over to the office building next door, enter the offices and watch for more Infected and supplies. Towards the right side of the office cubicles will be a stairwell and exit sign which you take to leave the building and arrive back on the streets. Continue on the streets while fighting the horde, once again there may be supplies and First Aid kits inside the ambulance. Finding debris in the streets, the group will be forced down an alleyway to the next safe room. Take caution when approaching the safe room as a Tank may be on the other side of the door, when ready continue on through the safe room. The once safe haven has now been destroyed with the doors dismantled, the roof exposed, and the walls destroyed forcing the Survivors to continue onward back to the rooftops.
When you leave the safe room, head towards the right and head up the stairwell however watch out for Smokers and other Special Infected. Continue on the rooftops while fighting the Infected, you may find more supplies near the boxes on the roof. You will see a plank and scaffolding leading to the neighboring building supply closet so cross over to it and enter the radio/recording studio. You can find more weapons and supplies in the recording studio if you check all the rooms, when ready head upstairs to another bunch of studios and more supplies. Once everyone is ready, climb up to the rooftop of the building and prepare for the Crescendo Event.
Once the Infected have been dealt with, arm the suitcase filled with C4 underneath the radio tower to start the event. The tower will fall providing a bridge to the building next door. Keep fighting the Infected and cover each others' backs and watch for Special Infected. Try and hold up in the stairwells or secluded areas making it difficult for the Infected to get you. Once the fire is out and the horde has calm down cross over to the next building. Enter the building and you'll find an ammo pile right on top of a footlocker. Once again follow the stairwell down until it eventually breaks and you fall or are forced down to the bottom floor. Be very careful in this next part as you have just entered a whore/prostitution house with the women turned into Witches. Mind your paths and be careful not to startle the Witch as you may startle several more when you panic and try to run. Make your way to the reception area and head back out onto the streets.
When you get back out, the Harbor View Hotel is in front as well as the former CEDA evacuation center which is now abandon but some supplies may remain. Check the tents and ambulance and then head towards the main entrance of the hotel. The lobby stairwell is blocked with luggage and suitcases and the elevators are offline forcing the group to head through the banquet hall. Once you pass all the hospital beds head towards the back of the room and enter the pool housekeeping safe room and rest for the next chapter, The Harbor.
The Survivors think they're going to make it. Prove them wrong. Work together and make sure they're victims of this rampant virus, one way or another.
- Survivors that have been separated from their teammates are significantly more vulnerable to attack than Survivors that are in groups. Make an effort to attack Survivors that are far from their teammates, as you will be able to deal significant damage before they are saved and you are killed.
- The Survivors all have outlines around them, showing their status and location. Green means they're healthy. Yellow means they're hurt. Red means they're low on health. Purple means they've been covered in Boomer bile. You can probably discern which to seek out first, if possible.
- Think like a Survivor. When you play as one, when are the worst times that something could come at you? Exploit that knowledge.
- Teamwork, as aforementioned. Has a Boomer gotten its bile all over the Survivors? Jump one of them or a clean one. They can't see their teammates' aura until they're clean...and by then it might be too late.
- As much as teamwork is a strength for you and your enemies, a lack of it will be their downfall. If you can focus all of your energy on killing one of the Survivors, the rest will be that much easier to take down. Not only will they have one less gun, but they will have three Survivors to your three incapacitating Infected.
- Someone apparently built the saferoom door and left a note to other Survivors to enjoy the door they built
- The Harbor View Hotel is similar to that of The Vannah in the Dead Center campaign
- The Nightstick can be found near the corpses of the police officers however, the bodies used are from the original Left 4 Dead which have the officers armed with nightsticks attached to their belts
- There is also a destroyed Safe room the Survivors go through to reach another rooftop
- A Tank may spawn in the destroyed safe room randomly and knocks the door off its hinges when it rushes the Survivors approaching him
- The C4 briefcase used to set the explosion off under the radio tower was a custom created item by the author