Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "Built that thing to be Zombie-Proof!"
This article is not canon. Urban Flight/The Harbor is a creation made by the community, and not by Valve.
| "Eyes and ears, people. Eyes and ears." |
This article Urban Flight/The Harbor needs attention and dedicated editors.
What needs to be addressed: The Versus section requires content.
| Chapter 3|
|Urban Flight Chapter Chronology|
The Harbor is the third chapter of the custom campaign Urban Flight. The Survivors continue through the hotel's pool and down towards the harbor. They pass through several warehouses and head through a park and reach the main street bridge. The bridge has been raised to stop the infected from reaching the other side. However, the survivors need to lower it, alerting the horde. They fight to get to the other side, then make their way towards the military airfield base and prepare inside the Safe room for rescue...
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Stay together and cross the bridge as a team. The horde can be powerful and you don't want to leave your teammates behind.
After resting in the hotel pool's housekeeping room, the Survivors press on past the pool and jump down onto the truck and towards the harbor below. There is an explosive barrel along the left side near a building which you can shoot to take out any infected and Special Infected, once the fires out, continue on up the stairs to the left and into the parking lot. The entrance is blocked of by a bus so turn around and head inside the Richardson Atlantic building for supplies and ammo to move on. Follow down the first flight of stairs and exit it out onto the metal crawl way (you should see a fog horn on to of the building). Follow the path since it leads through the building while taking out the infected and then head down the metal staircase to another part of the building while fighting more infected. Watch out for Spitters as the stairs and building are somewhat confined making it ideal for Spitters and lots of acid damage. Head out the window of the building and the team should arrive at the docks and boat ramps. Survivors can walk into the water without being incapacitated however watch out for your other teammates as the water does slow down your movements and takes longer to get to your teammates to save them. Move down past the docked boats, you can still check the boats and docks for supplies, and head towards the warehouses. Survivors can choose two different paths to take but they'll both arrive at the same location.
First involves going through the warehouses and navigating your way around from the first levels to the catwalks and then back down. Working your way around and taking weapons, ammo, and supplies you should eventually arrive on the other side of a fence near a sign that reads "Caution. Deep Water" and a ramp leading upward.
Second option if you choose to is to head out into the water, there are laser sights on a small boat out in the water near the border. Keep moving through the water towards the warehouses and building however your movement is limited due to the water so watch out for infected and Specials. Make your way towards another boat ramp with a pick-up truck on it and head up the ramp, you should also now see the sign that reads "Caution. Deep Water".
Whichever path you choose, the Survivors regroup and can proceed up the curved path. As you head up the path, you'll see the Main St Bridge (as mentioned in The Boulevard). You'll also see a military truck speed across it before the bridge is raised. Continue on into the park still watching for infected along the way, use caution however as a Tank may appear in the park. Head through the park and watch your paths as some may lead to weapons, ammo, and other supplies which may be useful, continue following the path, cross a wooden bridge, past it eventually you should come across a giant puddle and the park entrance.
Your back on the streets again in front of the bridge however, the streets are barricaded once again so head down the alleyway next to the scaffolding. Head up the stairs and follow the sidewalk to the office building and head inside it. Head through the offices with the wrecked walls to get to the other side and exit the building using the wooden plank to get into the building that's under construction. Follow the corridors while watching your step since if you fall, you will be incapacitated and most likely killed. Following the paths eventually you should arrive outside on the scaffolding using it to jump down onto the van and then the streets.
Before continuing on to the next part, make sure all lingering infected have been killed and you have maximum health since this is now a Crescendo Event. Healing items can be found in the first aid box inside the bridge control room. Once everyone is ready, flip the switch and prepare to run across while fighting the horde. The alarm will sound and after a minute, the bridge will begin to lower. Watch for Special Infected as they continue to appear and make sure your teammates aren't being constricted by them. Once the bridge is down and the crossing gates are up, run across the bridge to the other side to the other controls to raise the bridge again. This is a gauntlet event so the horde will continue to fight you until the bridge is raised on the other side. Navigate your way passed all the abandon vehicles as well as using them for cover and reloading points, there is a generator room in the middle of the bridge which may provide some cover and a chance to reload again. Continue on past more abandon cars and trucks making your way to the other side. Once there, make sure your team is more then halfway across the bridge before you raise it otherwise they are left to die. Flip the switch in the control room and the bridge will begin raising again and stopping the infected. Take a moment to regroup and reload before venturing on and then head down the road.
Follow the highway where you will see an Exit sign which leads to the military airfield base on the next chapter. Be careful as a Witch may be heard crying in this area as well as a Tank may also appear. Follow the Exit path up to the military base; if you head back onto the freeway above ground where the ambulance is, you may find some supplies inside it. Once everyone is ready, you will see the crashed military vehicle that sped across the bridge earlier along the building allowing you to climb up and enter the building.
The building is quite dark and is only visible by flares so keep following them until you reach the saferoom just up ahead. Enter it and take a break before the next chapter and finale of the campaign.
The Survivors think they're going to make it. Prove them wrong. Work together and make sure they're victims of this rampant virus, one way or another.
- Survivors that have been separated from their teammates are significantly more vulnerable to attack than Survivors that are in groups. Make an effort to attack Survivors that are far from their teammates, as you will be able to deal significant damage before they are saved and you are killed.
- The Survivors all have outlines around them, showing their status and location. Green means they're healthy. Yellow means they're hurt. Red means they're low on health. Purple means they've been covered in Boomer bile. You can probably discern which to seek out first, if possible.
- Think like a Survivor. When you play as one, when are the worst times that something could come at you? Exploit that knowledge.
- Teamwork, as aforementioned. Has a Boomer gotten its bile all over the Survivors? Jump one of them or a clean one. They can't see their teammates' aura until they're clean...and by then it might be too late.
- As much as teamwork is a strength for you and your enemies, a lack of it will be their downfall. If you can focus all of your energy on killing one of the Survivors, the rest will be that much easier to take down. Not only will they have one less gun, but they will have three Survivors to your three incapacitating Infected.
- The harbor is similar to The Docks in the DLC The Sacrifice, but only coincidentally, as work began before Valve announced their second DLC
- Originally, the bridge had two drawbridge spans. Survivors had to lower the drawbridges, cross it, and then raise them to prevent infected from reaching them and to shut off the alarm. However, survivors who lagged behind could wind up trapped when the drawbridges were raised. The bridge has been changed to only feature one drawbridge span --- at the beginning of the bridge, allowing plenty of opportunity for even slow survivors to make it across before it is raised.
- The park is similar to Bienville Park in The Parish except without the horse statue, gazebo, or bathrooms. The design of the mazes of plants and bushes however remain
- Foot lockers appear near the end of this chapter and contain weapons, unlike The Passing where they contained an unlimited amount of supplies such as Pills and grenades