|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
|State||Whispering Oaks Amusement Park, Griffin County, Georgia|
|Real-world Counterpart||Tunnel of Love|
- "Hey, no smoochin y'all."
- "Why couldn't I be in Vegas when the infection hit? or even Atlantic City... Instead I'm trapped in some god damn hillbilly tunnel of love! Did you see the sign outside? Cousins-only day!"
Part of Whispering Oaks Amusement Park, this ride is typically meant for romantic couples. Customers are taken by swan boats through narrow, barely light passages featuring alcoves containing suitably themed dioramas. An age-old fairground attraction, the Tunnel of Love is intended to create a relaxing, socially acceptable and private environment in which couples can cuddle, kiss and make out. Although not featured in the game, such attractions invariably play appropriate music on a loop track.
At or just before the time the infection hit and Whispering Oaks Amusement Park was commandeered as a CEDA evacuation center, the ride apparently malfunctioned and had been hurriedly shut down for maintenance and repair that was never completed.
The Survivors enter the Tunnel of Love and use the entrance area as a safe room. Thereafter in Chapter Three, they fight their way along the tunnel (its lights are still working), enter its maintenance room, drop down into a lower level of the tunnel and finally exit to face the challenges posed by Whispering Oaks Amusement Park's most significant ride, The Screaming Oak.
- The Tunnel of Love is featured in two chapters (numbers two and three) in Dark Carnival.
- Nick will comment that this is the longest Tunnel of Love he has ever experienced.
- The pumps seen in the maintenance areas are similar to the pumps seen in The Drains in the Death Toll campaign.
- Supplies will be found in the alcoves on either side of the tunnel, in side rooms and in spaces associated with the maintenance room.
- Survivors may occasionally add the "of love" suffix to supplies or areas they find in the tunnel of love, examples being "Grabbing the shotgun of love!" or "Incendiary ammo of love here!", or "climb down the blasted hole of love!"
- The Tunnel of Love safe room is one of the only safe rooms with no graffiti on the walls. This indicates that either no one else reached this safe room or no one had the time to write graffiti.
- The Tunnel of Love safe room is long enough to summon hordes sent by the Director to keep the Survivors moving, along with Special Infected.