| "Built that thing to be Zombie-Proof!"
This article is not canon. Suicide Blitz 2/The City is a creation made by the community, and not by Valve.
| Chapter 4|
|Campaign||Suicide Blitz 2|
|Suicide Blitz 2 Chapter Chronology|
- "Through this building!"
- "Survivors? Oh shit I thought you were all dead. Oh, well lets roll!"
- ―Crazy Ron
The City is the fourth chapter of the custom campaign Suicide Blitz 2. Following the footsteps of the previous Survivors, they leave the condemned subway and continue on through the sewer system until they get to the surface. A new day is starting with plenty of fresh Infected to kill. Once they reach the street, they enter a bowling alley and movie theater and a series of back alleys before they finally reach a convenience store. On exiting the store, they see Crazy Ron with the train down below an overpass as he promised by radio. They head down and wait for Crazy Ron to start up the train whereafter he takes the Survivors towards the stadium.
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Stay together on the train or you'll regret it!
When ready, head out the door and begin heading through more sewers and underground tunnels. If you have played the original Suicide Blitz, these tunnels are all familiar to you; however, after heading through the tunnels, you will come to the same room with a table and an manhole where the original Survivors got out except this time the manhole cover is on preventing the new group from exiting through it. They will have to continue onward past the original escape route and turn left at the end of the room. You will then enter a large storm drain-like area, cross the catwalk to the other side making it easier to drop down into the drain itself. Continue to head downward through the drain while following the flares until you reach a circular tunnel and an exit ladder can be found at the end of the pipe. Head up the ladder and regroup in the room, there should be an ammo pile on a nearby table and possibly supplies such as Pills. Leave the flood control area and continue on through the building, following the narrow corridors, watching out for Spitters and Chargers; eventually, you will exit the building through the doorway leading to the back alley where the manhole exit for the original Survivors is. Continue on as normal making your way onto the lighten up streets of Fort Harris County. There is an alarmed car on the road, so be careful not to hit it.
Head down the road until you reach the barricade and into a bowling alley yet again. There are sometimes more supplies in the 421 building across the bowling alley which you may want before venturing on into the bowling alley. Continue on through the alley and check the bathrooms for supplies before you go through the door at the end of the room. Head outside the bowling alley into a bunch of alleyways. There are often Pills and Molotovs in these alleys, so they're worth searching in. When you've looked around, head through a door leading into Atlas Theaters and a movie cinema. Sometimes a Witch may spawn in here, so listen out for any signs of her presence. Eventually, follow the hallway leading out of the theater; this is a common place for a Tank to spawn, so it may be a good idea to have the Molotov you found earlier (if it appeared and you haven't used it yet) at the ready; otherwise, set up a defensive position and alert the Tank.
Come out into the main lobby and past the statue (which this time features a giant popcorn bucket) and search the rooms for more supplies. Molotovs, Pipe bombs, Pills, and even a First aid kit have been known to spawn in the rooms, so looking will surely be worth the effort. Continue out back onto the streets and alleyways and into another building. You may also find Pipe bombs and more Pills in that same room. Move on into the next room to find another Pistol , an ammo pile, and up to two more health packs in the convenience store. Head outside and you can hear Crazy Ron singing down below in the underpass. Climb down onto the tracks and when your ready, climb up onto the train. Instead of a Minigun mounted onto the back, it is replaced with a Heavy gun from Left 4 Dead 2. Before signalling Crazy Ron, heal any injuries and reload your weapons before you use the radio. Crazy Ron on the other end of the radio will answer you and will tell you all to sit tight and then he accidentally blows his horn, alerting a large horde. It is imperative that you stay on the train at all times as it will start moving after a short period of time and you will only have a few seconds to get back on. As well, staying near the back of the train car will keep the AI Survivors on the train if they fall off. If you are still not on the train after the few seconds, you and anyone else not on the train will die as the train escapes into the tunnel's hidden safe room! Therefore, just the same as Suicide Blitz, due to the fact that staying on the flat platform on the train is important, this makes Smokers really dangerous at this part as they can pull Survivors off the train just as it's pulling out. Keep an eye on your teammates at all times while fighting the horde. If you are on the train as it is pulling away, the level will end as if you have just entered a safe room and closed the door once everyone's in. Now sit back and relax as Crazy Ron, the train driver, takes you near to The Stadium.
waiting for info
- It still appears that Crazy Ron is not very well liked by other Survivors as there is graffiti stating that someone waited six hours on the train before finally deciding to get off and walk, and more stating that three people died while waiting for the train to move. There is also graffiti from an earlier safe room, which says "HE'S NUTS" in response to someone writing that they'd heard of someone (Crazy Ron) who had been doing train rides.
- In one of the alleyways before the building that leads to the train tracks, the same police box lays just in sight past one of the fences. This is a humorous reference to the TV Series Doctor Who, in which the Doctor, the main protagonist, uses a time machine called a TARDIS shaped as a 1950's police box to transport himself and his companions through time and space.
- This level follows the same "safe area" as Suicide Blitz where the "safe area" isn't actually a safe room which everyone must get into and lock the door. The train heading deeper into the tunnel is when the end of the level is triggered, thereby making this a unique safe room due to the fact that the Survivors won't have any control of the level end after the radio is used. Furthermore, safe room doors can be opened and closed repeatedly until everyone is inside it. Here, anyone outside the "safe room" is automatically killed to make the level end. The end safe room door is hidden inside the wall of the tunnel which ends the level as soon as you pass on the train.
- The area where the Survivors exit the flood control area and into a building is based on the TV series, The Walking Dead, where Rick Grimes and other Survivors of a zombie apocolypse were looking for an escape route and found the same flood control area leading into the sewers.
- When inside the Atlas Theaters, there are four movies that were playing:
- Cinema 1 was playing Unforseen Consequences (based on Valve's Half-Life series from G-Man)
- Cinema 2 was playing No Mercy for Old Men (logo based on the No Mercy sign)
- Cinema 3 was playing It's
- Cinema 4 was playing Giant Lizards and Deadly Oblong Slimheads
- As well in the main theater lobby a Jimmy Gibbs Jr. cardboard cut out is seen stating that a autobiography movie was being made.
- If you are attempting to carry Gnome Chompski all the way through this campaign, make sure one of the survivors is holding him before the train starts moving, or he will be left behind.