| "Built that thing to be Zombie-Proof!"
This article is not canon. Suicide Blitz/The City is a creation made by the community, and not by Valve.
| "Unless anyone has a better plan..."
This article, Suicide Blitz/The City, requires a properly written walkthrough.
|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
| "Eyes and ears, people. Eyes and ears." |
This article needs attention and dedicated editors.
What needs to be addressed: The Versus section requires content.
| Chapter 4|
|Suicide Blitz Chapter Chronology|
- "Ho-lee shit, we got Survivors back there?! Hold on guys, I'll get you out of here!"
- ―Crazy Ron
The City is the fourth chapter of the custom campaign Suicide Blitz. Leaving the condemned subway, the Survivors proceed through the sewer system until they get to the surface. Once there, they travel through a bowling alley, movie theater and a series of back alleys to reach a convenience store. On exiting the store, they see Ron with the train down below an overpass. They head down and wait for Ron to start up the train, at which point he takes the Survivors towards the stadium.
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
The Survivors have heard about someone giving train rides. Can he help?
At the beginning, the AI Survivors will grab:
- Bill will grab a Assault Rifle.
- Francis will grab a Auto Shotgun.
- Louis will grab a Assault Rifle.
- Zoey will grab a Hunting Rifle.
Otherwise, they will keep the last weapon they had from the last chapter.
When you're ready, head out the door and begin heading through more sewers and underground tunnels. After heading through the tunnels, you will come to a room with a table holding a Pistol on it and an open manhole cover. It has been known for Witches to appear right over the hole. If you have a shotgun of any kind and are fast enough, you can quickly climb the hole and cr0wn her before she attacks you. You will now be just a few feet from the road again. There may also be a Molotov right before you jump down onto the road. Grab it if so and then head down the street. There is an alarmed car on the road, so be careful not to hit it.
Head down the road and into a bowling alley, which has sets of pins still set up if you want to knock them down at your own pleasure. Check the bathrooms for supplies and then go through the door at the bottom. Head outside the bowling alley into a bunch of alleyways. There are often Pills and Molotovs in these alleys, so they're worth searching in. When you've looked around, head through a door leading into a cinema. Sometimes a Witch may spawn in here, so listen out for any signs of her presence. Continue through the doors leading out of the theatre and dispose of the Infected here. This is a common place for a Tank to spawn, so it may be a good idea to have the Molotov you found earlier (if it appeared and you haven't used it yet) at the ready; otherwise, set up a defensive position and alert the Tank.
Come out into the main lobby and past the statues (which Francis may comment on hating) and search the rooms for supplies. Molotovs, Pipe bombs, Pills, and even a First aid kit have been known to spawn in the rooms, so looking will surely be worth the effort. Continue out back onto the streets and alleyways and into another building. A Witch tends to spawn in one of the doorways, so be ready, should that actually happen. You may also find Pipe bombs and more Pills in that same room. Move on into the next room to find another Pistol , an ammo pile, and up to two more health packs. Head outside and down a set of stairs to some train tracks. Climb onto the one with a Minigun mounted onto the back. Heal any injuries and use the radio. A train driver on the other end will tell you all to sit tight and then blows his horn, alerting a large horde. It is imperative that you stay on the train at all times as it will start moving after a short period of time and you will only have a few seconds to get back on. If you are still not on the train after the few seconds, you and anyone else not on the train will die as the train escapes into the tunnel's hidden safe room! Therefore, due to the fact that staying on the flat platform on the train is important, this makes Smokers really dangerous at this part as they can pull Survivors off the train just as it's pulling out. Keep an eye on your teammates at all times while fighting the horde. If you are on the train as it is pulling away, the level will end as if you have just entered a safe room and closed the door once everyone's in. Now sit back and relax as Ron, the train driver, takes you near to the Stadium Finale.
- It appears Ron is not very well liked by other Survivors as there is graffiti stating that someone waited six hours on the train before finally deciding to get off and walk, and more stating that three people died while waiting for the train to move. There is also graffiti from an earlier safe room, which says "HE'S NUTS" in response to someone writing that they'd heard of someone (Ron) who had been doing train rides.
- In one of the alleyways before the building that leads to the train tracks, there is a police box just in sight past one of the fences. This is a humorous reference to the TV Series Doctor Who, in which the Doctor, the main protagonist, uses a time machine called a TARDIS shaped as a 1950's police box to transport himself and his companions through time and space.
- This Level is the only one in which the "safe area" isn't actually a safe room which everyone must get into and lock the door. The train heading deeper into the tunnel is when the end of the level is triggered, thereby making this a unique safe room due to the fact that the Survivors won't have any control of the level end after the radio is used. Furthermore, safe room doors can be opened and closed repeatedly until everyone is inside it. Here, anyone outside the "safe room" is automatically killed to make the level end. The end safe room door is hidden inside the wall of the tunnel which ends the level as soon as you pass on the train.