Featured Custom Campaigns on the Left 4 Dead Wiki are custom campaigns that are community made (not created by Valve) that represent well thought out, creative, and well-made custom maps the Left 4 Dead Wiki has to offer. The featured custom campaign is changed periodically by one of the Left 4 Dead Wiki staff members.
So just what makes a featured custom campaign? Well, we've prepared a list just in case someone should ask that, and it is as follows.
A custom campaign must...
- ...be an actual campaign with more than just one map in the campaign
- ...be found and known on the external website: l4dmaps.com and have an overall score of 80 or higher on that website
- ...have permission from the author(s)/creator(s) to allow their creations to be placed on this website
- ...be extremely limited with in-game mistakes, glitches, and errors that occur in the custom campaign (this however is more controlled by the author(s))
- ...have all complete chapter pages and a main campaign page on the Left 4 Dead Wiki
- ...have a well written strategy or tactics section (i.e. strategy for campaign/versus, tactics for survivors, etc.)
- ...not be tagged with any sort of improvement tags (i.e. cleanup, expand, etc.)
- ...not be the subject of any ongoing edit wars
See here for a list of current featured custom campaigns on Left 4 Dead Wiki.
How to nominate a custom campaign Edit
- First, nominate an custom campaign you find is worthy of featured status, putting it at the bottom of the list below; see criteria above. Also, add the nomination template to the top of the main custom campaign article page you nominate.
- Certain users may object to the nomination if they disagree that the custom campaign is good enough; they must then supply reasons for doing so, and ways to improve the custom campaign article (errors, style, organization, images, notability, sources). If no reason is supplied, their vote will not be counted until they do this.
- Supporters adjust the custom campaign articles until the objectors (with reasonable objections) are satisfied.
- The custom campaign is placed on the featured custom campaign list and added to the front page queue.
How to vote Edit
- Before doing anything, be sure to play and read the custom campaign completely, keeping a sharp eye out for mistakes on the article. Edit and fix these if you have time.
- Afterwards, compare the custom campaign to the criteria listed above, and then either support or object the custom campaign's nomination. (If you object, please supply concrete reasons for doing so, and how it can be improved. Again, if the custom campaign has gameplay issues or errors (i.e. not article related issues) then it should not be nominated until the author(s) have made the necessary fixes to repair these glitches and upload a revised version on l4dmaps.com)
- As stated above, any objections will be looked upon by the nominator, supporters, and anyone willing to improve the article of the custom campaign, and action will be taken to please the objectors.
- Once all objectors' complaints have been solved (or the custom campaign has 2 supports and no objections after at least a week), the custom campaign will be added to the queue and be officially known as a "featured custom campaign".
Voting templates Edit
Featured custom campaign nominationsEdit
Suicide Blitz 2 (Closed)Edit
Noticed by several fans and gamers, the continuation of the sequel to Suicide Blitz, allows yet another, very different view of the Survivors in Fort Harris County and a fun filled finale. I strongly believe that L4D fans will enjoy this custom made campaign. From a new melee weapon to custom Tank textures and vehicle props, it clearly shows the author's dedication and time spent on perfecting this custom campaign and with it being recognized, more of the public can play and enjoy it.
Urban Flight (Closed)Edit
Since it's been awhile since a new custom campaign has been nominated, I would like to encourage this new campaign. This is a great campaign so far, lots of interesting and unique ideas and places. Though still in the developing stages for the author, it still provides a great experience for gamers and the Survivors making their way through the city. Similar to Suicide Blitz 2, it also features a custom Tank skin which is excellent to see considering the location of the finale and the finale itself is unique and quite fun. Though the campaign is still in some need of work and updates, it clearly shows the author's dedication and time spent on perfecting this custom campaign and with it being recognized, more of the public can play and enjoy it.
I noticed that Suicide Blitz 2 has been the featured custom campaign for awile, and that I Hate Mountains should be the new Featured Custom Campaign. The campaign is awesome, I played the whole campaign and I would have to say that the detail is outstanding. There was no notable glitches, there is new custom graffiti for Chicago Ted, and there is 25 Domos hidden inside the game so you can have a bit of a scavenger hunt also. What is really awesome is the fake Finale with the News Chopper 5 crashing right when you get to it leading to a safe house to tell you the game is not over. There is also many alternate routes for endless gameplay! It also has new lines for the Survivors. Lastly it takes place in Canada which is also pritty cool! It shows how dedicated the author was to the campaign and I think it should be recognized.
Oppose I know that Suicide Blitz 2 has been up for a while and I'm waiting for the author of Urban Flight to update his custom campaign before it is made official for the new feature but he hasn't done that yet. Plus I Hate Mountains is a great campaign but the articles on here still need some work. Walkthroughs need to be written and some need pictures so therefore I am going to have to oppose this. If willing, you and others can help improve those articles and re-nominate this campaign again when ready. --06abrahb 04:59, February 3, 2012 (UTC)
This campaign definately be featured campaign because it is almost exact to the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead. The detail is fantastic, it has plenty of new cresendo events, and custom graffiti for everyone who donated to make the game possible. Originally it was supposed to be for Half Life 2 being worked on for 4 years, before Left 4 Dead even came out, to be released for Left 4 Dead being one of the longest worked on custom campaigns for Left 4 Dead. One thing in the game is where the Mall is about to have its one millionth visitor and it is at 999,999,950 and you cant let 50 zombies into the mall or you will be ambushed by zombies. It is the most worked on campaign so I think it should be recongnized as a featured campaign.
OpposeSame thing to the I Hate Mountains nomination, the walkthroughs need work and we need more pictures. --06abrahb 05:07, February 3, 2012 (UTC)