|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
|State||New Orleans, Louisiana|
- "Alarms everywhere, people. Watch yourselves!"
- "I'll tell you what'd be real bad right now: a Tank."
This lot is where confiscated and damaged vehicles all over New Orleans and possibly Louisiana were brought. Between the New Orleans Parking Authority and New Orleans Police Department, they would have all kinds of vehicles towed here to this location at the owners' expense. Cars, trucks, and even vans would sit here for a period, allowing the owner of the vehicles time to plan out what they would like to do with their vehicles. If they chose to abandon the vehicle, it would be auctioned off during an auto auction day/period where the public can place bids and buy these vehicles for a fairly low price.
It seemed that when the Survivors appeared, the lot was going to have an auto auction to sell some vehicles to the public as signs can be seen advertising it; however, judging by the several vehicles that were inside the yard, the auction was suspended until the Infection passed (which, so far, never did). When everyone was being evacuated out of New Orleans, the owners of the lot activated most of the car alarms to each vehicle to prevent looting and the public from stealing them. Apparently, a semitrailer blocks the road path to the impound lot forcing the Survivors up the maintenance ladder to the freeway.
- This appears to be a "slippery slope," in that setting off one alarm will inevitably cause many more to be set off by stray gunshots from the ensuing battle.
- This area is considered an optional crescendo event instead of a series of panic events (similar to the metal detectors at Metro International Airport in Dead Air in Left 4 Dead) as it is not necessary to set off the alarms.
- All the alarmed vehicles are the same reddish-pinkish color.
- A Tank may spawn in this area, making it even more difficult and challenging to navigate without triggering the car alarms.
- Ellis actually references this with a quote: "You know what would be really bad right now? A Tank."
- If the survivors pass through the lot without setting off any car alarms, they will have earned the achievement VIOLENCE IN SILENCE.
- The eight red alarmed cars in the impound lot resemble the 1989 Buick Century, and the white non alarmed cars resemble the 1969 Plymouth Fury, 1982 Honda Civic, 1983 Chevrolet Van and GMC W4500. These cars are exceptionally old compared to the game's 2009 setting.