| Chapter 2|
|Gas Fever Chapter Chronology|
- "I can't believe we're walking this far just to keep a damn car."
- "Nick, for the last time, I am NOT leaving it behind."
Riverside is the second chapter of the Custom Campaign Gas Fever. After escaping from the horde attacks near the garage, the Survivors continue on through a storage warehouse to a garage portion on the building. After exiting the garage, they head up to the main road and follow it to a military triage center. Finding no help and nothing but Infected, they continue on down the road past a hotel and then turn down an alleyway leading to a house. They continue on through the house and through the backyard when they come up to yet another warehouse. They go upstairs and leave the warehouse through an opening on the second floor to climb down to a barge that had crashed along the riverbank and docks below. The team continued along the riverbank under the highway leading to a stairwell leading back up to a train freight warehouse. Forced to open the alarmed door to get through the warehouse and head across the bridge to the tower to deactivate the alarm, the Survivors had to push their way through several waves of Infected. Once the alarm was off, the team left the tower and crossed the street to get to the awaiting fuel inside the gas station where they would have to plan their trip back...
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Work together! The horde and Special Infected work well together.
CampaignEditOnce you are ready, head out through the darkened warehouse, through the mechanical air flow room heading upstairs to the service garage. There is usually supplies on the pick-up truck which can be helpful, you can then exit the garage and follow the path leading to the main highway. Finding a crashed helicopter blocking the road, you must head down the only path with no other choice, there are also some more supplies that can be found inside the Save 4 Less store. Continue fighting the Infected down the highway, eventually you will come to a military triage area however it is deserted other than the lurking horde.
Continue on past the military area to the Harbor View Hotel where sometimes a Grenade Launcher or weapon can be found. Finding a bus blocking the road, you must continue on down an alleyway leading to a house which again has more supplies in it. You can choose to go either through the inside of the house, or cut through the backyard, either way doesn't matter since both paths will lead you to the warehouse.You will enter a similar warehouse like in the last chapter where you will need to get to the second level and head outside near the rooftop. Once there, you will see a crashed barge stuck along the bedrock. Use the boat to jump down and continue fighting more Infected as you make your way under the highway to the other side where you take the stairs back up leading to the crescendo event. Once your team is ready, trigger the switch to open the door and press on while fighting the endless horde. Navigate your way through the train freight warehouse to the other end of the building while trying to stay together. Once you exit the warehouse, you can find more supplies before you head down to the train tracks and bridge. All geared up, proceed down and follow the train tracks leading to the train bridge and tower where you deactivate the alarm. Climb up the ladders and switch it off and re-supply yourselves then you can proceed off the bridge and down to the street below. Fight off the remaining Infected and cross the street to the gas station and once it's clear, head inside the saferoom and get the fuel.
waiting for info
- Some dialog throughout Left 4 Dead 2 is re-used here
- The Fallen Survivor Infected can be found throughout this chapter
- Another Save 4 Less shop is seen just off the highway
- The Harbour View Hotel is seen in this chapter however you cannot enter it
- The alarm that sounds at the crescendo event is the same alarm that can be heard at the CEDA trailer in The Parish campaign
- The train bridge is similar to that from Rayford Port in The Sacrifice and The Passing
- The name of this chapter is also the name of the town in the Death Toll campaign however this is just coincidence