| Chapter 1|
|Gas Fever Chapter Chronology|
- "Bye, Jimmy Gibbs Jr., don't worry we're gonna come back for you."
- "Ellis, I really think the car will be okay on its own."
Dead Zone is the first chapter of the Custom Campaign Gas Fever. After escaping from Liberty Mall's Atrium in Savannah, the Survivors head south through Georgia to get to New Orleans. However, the Jimmy Gibbs Jr. stock car that they used to get out of the mall runs out of gas. Faced with the only option of heading to the nearest gas station for gas, the Survivors gear up since the path to the station won't be so easy...
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Watch out near the saferoom and keep together! The horde is much powerful than you think.
CampaignEditThe campaign opens with the Survivors starting off on a freeway just before Rayford, standing beside the Jimmy Gibbs Junior's stock car lamenting that they can take it no further due to the necessity of gasoline.
After collecting Health Kits, Pistols and their choice of Tier 1 firearms, players move on down the freeway through a damaged portion of the road to the infested terrain below. Note that below the bridge is the area where a Tank may spawn.
There is an explosive barrel near a garage area which can be useful at times making it easier to diminish the number of Infected. Once you have killed them off, you can proceed towards the garage area. Do not head over towards the train tracks and cars as you will fall below due to the lack of protection and will be instantly killed. When you approach the garage area, you should notice a flare on the ground as well as graffiti on the wall informing survivors to follow the flares, please do this... You will then jump down below and enter a darken room where there is known to be a Witch in the area, proceed with caution. You should then enter in a underground area with minimal lighting and an arrow indicating to head up the ladder into the garage area above. Navigate your way onto the pipes and gravel until you are able to cross a pipe to get to the ladder.Be careful when you enter the garage as there may be Special Infected waiting for you, there are however other explosive barrels in the garage that are useful for clearing out the room of Infected. Once you have gathered your team, head towards the doorway at the far right of the room leading to a hallway. Head down the hallway to the reception area. There are two side rooms which may have supplies in them that can be useful (one room along the hallway, the other is beside the receptionist desk). Head out the door and enter the yard area and you will most likely face a horde attack. After battling the horde (and possibly a Tank), continue to explore each garage as they have some supplies in them. You should note that the gas pumps at this automotive garage are out of gas therefore forcing the Survivors to continue onward to Ducatel Diesel.
Continue on where you should see an alarmed car that has smashed the wall, head there with caution and you can find some weapons and health on the first floor of the building. Continue on upstairs where you will head out through a hole in the wall down to some boxes below. Following the path around the corner, a bus blocks the road forcing you to head through the Hersch Shipping warehouse. You may find yet more supplies lingering around the warehouse and once you’re ready, you can climb a set of boxes near a shelf and head up to the second floor. There as an exit at the manager's office on the second floor which allows you street access. Once you head there, you will enter a kind of fire escape like balcony which gives you a view of the area. To the right you will see more abandon vehicles and road barricades and a sign displaying "Last Gas: 1 mile." and on the left is a construction area where a tractor sits in a pool of water.
Head down onto the sign and then jump down to the street, then proceed into the water and jump onto the tractor which will give you access to the street above. Careful as a Witch is sometimes known to be in the area as well as you may find more weapons and supplies near the cement truck at the construction site. Next head through a building which seems to be some kind of medical clinic and out the back way which leads to a down ramp to another garage like area below. Be very careful since you need to start a crescendo event to gain access to the saferoom as you are in a very open/exposed area with another car alarm. Once you ready, hit the button and brace for the horde, watch where your shooting and follow your teammates as they may come under attack from Special Infected. Camping in an area is also not a wise strategy as the Spitter and Smoker can inflict quite a bit of damage. Once the garage door raises up, enter the saferoom and close the door for a well-deserved break...
waiting for info
- The Jimmy Gibbs Jr. car is seen yet again however, it is not damaged yet by the Infected.
- The campaign continues off from Left 4 Dead 2's Dead Center campaign before The Passing occurs.
- Chronolgically speaking this campaign is set during the same time as The Sacrifice due to the skybox being similar to The Sacrifice Campaign's Skybox
- Some dialog throughout Left 4 Dead 2 is re-used here.
- The Worker Infected can be found throughout this chapter.
- The Ducatel Diesel sign can be seen even though the Survivors are not in the town of Ducatel. However, Ducatel could be a Diesel Company.
- The theme from The Sacrifice is used as the campaign's main music theme.
- The Tank will often spawn just after the player jumps down the bridge, which has a very unusual spawn point compared to the other campaigns.