| Chapter 3|
Construction Site Finale
|Gas Fever Chapter Chronology|
- "All right. Everybody got a gas can? I do not want to make this trip twice."
- "Come on man, I miss my car!"
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Stay together and watch out for Tanks! Once the dumpster is down, everyone must run to the car.
CampaignEditOnce you and your team have resupplied, exit the gas station and head back up the stairs to the main street. There should be only a few Infected to take out then you can proceed onward down the street and enter the bar/cafe. Kill the Infected inside and make your way to the second floor of the building near the back of the bar. You may find supplies inside the back kitchen sometimes and more may be upstairs inside the apartments. Make your way to the room at the end of the hallway with an open window leading outside and down to the street, again the area should have little Infected.
Once on the street, you can either head inside the bookstore or through the back alleyway as both paths lead to the same direction. At the far corner of the back alley, there is an open garage where you can find some more supplies to gear up for the construction site and the finale. Head back down the alley where you will make a right turn at the lamppost and follow the stairs up inside the construction site.
Once you enter the site, like all finales, you should clear the area of any Infected so you don't have to worry about them. Once the zombies are dead and the team is all stocked up and ready to go, start the generator at the bottom floor. Once it powers on, the finale has started and you should immediately head to the second generator located near the stairway leading to the second floor. While this generator is being started, a Tank will spawn (you will hear the music cue) so be prepared. Once the second generator is online, help your team fight the horde and the Tank. Once the Tank is dead and the horde is at a minimal level, head towards the third floor or roof of the construction site and start the final generator. Once it's done, that part of the finale is done; now you and your team must hold out and defend yourselves from the horde and Tanks as you wait for the crane to power up.
Remember that the area is filled with lots of supplies as well as first aid kits are on the rooftop therefore use this to your advantage. You will then face a second Tank and another wave of the horde, keep watching out for Special Infected and keep together with your team. Once the wave is done and the third Tank appears, slowly try and make your way to the second floor of the structure as that is your exit strategy. Once the Tank dies, get everyone ready as the dumpster will begin to lower and more Infected will come to attack you. Be very careful as a Tank is known to spawn very close to the dumpster on the second floor and can easily make it very difficult for the Survivors trying to escape. Once the dumpster is down, have everyone jump across it and head back down to the highway and keep heading towards the Jimmy Gibbs Jr. stock car. Once everyone is near it, the cinematic will show the Survivors speeding away in their car heading towards the town of Rayford and the start of the next campaign, The Passing.
waiting for info
- The crane and the dumpster used are the same idea from the crescendo event on the second chapter of the Dead Air campaign in Left 4 Dead.
- The name and location is also similar to the third chapter of the Dead Air campaign which also takes place at a construction site.
- Even though the Survivors need gas for the Jimmy Gibbs Jr. car, they are seen holding onto diesel cans instead
- The finale is similar to the finale in The Sacrifice where there are three generators that need to be started and the Tank appears right after you start the first generator however, no one needs to sacrifice themselves.
- In some rare cases, the first Tank may not spawn after a survivor started a generator.
- It was seen in the first chapter, Dead Zone, that the highway was blocked and damaged therefore it is unknown how the Survivors were able to continue on down that very same road in the cinematic- this is probably either an error or a nod to The Passing's blocked highway during the finale.