Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Chapter 4|
On a Rail
|Detour Ahead Chapter Chronology|
- "I am NOT climbing down... ah screw it..."
On a Rail is the fourth chapter of the Custom Campaign Detour Ahead. The Survivors find themselves back in a rural area, where they pass through a mobile home yard to get back on the main highway. The highway is completely jammed with fleeing civilian vehicles along with military Humvees and CEDA trailers until the Survivors come up to a train crossing. Following alongside the train, they find a bridge where they must decouple the last car to be able to proceed through a freight warehouse to finally get to the CEDA evacuation site nearby.
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Keep together! This is extremely important on the bridge because once the panic event starts, you MUST push forward with or without everyone.
waiting for info
waiting for info
- This chapter uses a similar crescendo event found in Blood Harvest 's map, The Bridge
- Worker infected and CEDA infected are found in this chapter
- An M60 can be found right before the crescendo event
- A CEDA decontamination trailer is used as a safe house at the end of this chapter