|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
| "Eyes and ears, people. Eyes and ears." |
This article needs attention and dedicated editors.
What needs to be addressed: The Versus section requires content.
| Chapter 5|
|Detour Ahead Chapter Chronology|
- "Ah, thank god! I got a helicopter out here but without some fuel, I'm not making it very far..."
- ―Chopper Pilot
- "Son, you got yourself a deal!"
Final Road is the last chapter of the Custom Campaign Detour Ahead. The Survivors take a moment to catch their breath inside the CEDA trailer. They contact the helicopter pilot just outside and he agrees to evacuate them out if they can find some gas. The survivors travel through the cluttered highway filled with abandon cars and trucks to a small strip mall where they find the fuel needed and head back to the waiting CH-53 Sea Stallion. Hopefully everything will remain quiet and can be done quickly...
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Keep together! Watch for supplies and keep pushing forward. Once you got the fuel, you got to run on back to the helicopter.
This finale is a Gauntlet Finale just like The Parish. The twist here is that the escape vehicle is nearby but the Survivors must get to the other end of the map to get gas cans. There is a bridge in the middle where Special Infected, specifically Smokers and Jockeys, can cause a great deal of grief. A Charger or Hunter down there will cause even more chaos. Two Tanks may spawn going to the gas and getting back to the helicopter, respectively.
- There is a radio inside the CEDA trailer that is used to communicate with the helicopter pilot.
- The same plane crash animation from Dead Air's finale is used in this chapter.
- As soon as you leave the safe room, the finale has already started.
- Even though the plane crashes inside a fireworks factory, you cannot find any fireworks to use.
- The helicopter fuel found comes in the same diesel cans from Hard Rain.