Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "Built that thing to be Zombie-Proof!"
This article is not canon. Dead Before Dawn/The Mall is a creation made by the community, and not by Valve.
| "Unless anyone has a better plan..."
This article, Dead Before Dawn/The Mall, requires a properly written walkthrough.
|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
| "Eyes and ears, people. Eyes and ears." |
This article Dead Before Dawn/The Mall needs attention and dedicated editors.
What needs to be addressed: The Versus section requires content.
| Chapter 3|
|Campaign||Dead Before Dawn|
|Dead Before Dawn Chapter Chronology|
- "Hey, are you the guys I've been talking to over the radio?"
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
A bit cool air for a bit survival seems to be a fair trade. So, do CJ that little favor.
- Bill will grab an Submachine Gun.
- Francis will grab a Pump Shotgun.
- Louis will grab an Submachine Gun.
- Zoey will grab an Submachine Gun.
This is not always absolute; the AI Survivors may occasionally attempt to balance out the ratio of firearms depending on what the human players pick up first.
After the Survivors leave the safe room, they see the sun has risen and it's bright day. However, the Infected are still present, so they turn right and walk up a hill, where they spot their target, the Crossroads Mall. They follow the fence to the right and can either go through a hole and follow a small path created by various cars to the back-entrance and objects or stay on the grass and walk through bushed to come to the same place.
Here, they need to use the intercom-system to contact CJ. However, he refuses to let them in because a lot of Infected followed the group and are now going to attack. Also, something might break out of the locked truck. It can be anything from a lone Common Infected to a Tank.
After a hard fight, the door opens and you can go inside. As soon as everyone is inside, the door closes and stays locked. Head for the small security room and take a new weapon or refill your ammo, then use the intercom-system once again. CJ recognizes the Survivors and asks them to do a small job for him: They should go on the roof and fix the AC-Unit because two of his workers - Jason and Billy - didn't do it.
Walking through a warehouse, they reach the roof just to find out that Jason and Billy hid the cranks to operate the crane. The Survivors now walk through several small rooms to collect between one to four cranks and getting the AC-Unit on the roof - as more cranks are found, as more Survivors can pull up the AC-Unit and as faster you can get into the mall. Players shouldn't forget to check every room, there could be pills, health packs or even Tier 2 weapons lying around. During the job, there might be a horde attacking.
After successfully placing the AC on the roof and starting it, CJ opens another door and the Survivors are able to go further into the mall. Now they walk through some warehouse-areas and half-way-through, it is possible to find another radio for more news about the infection currently causing havoc on other parts of the country. Soon, they reach the next safe room - just to realize, they have more stuff to clean up.
- Even though Jason and Billy were on the roof, there is no real hint of them except from the crane and the stolen cranks. Not even their bodies or a message can be found.
- They may have bailed from CJ, been killed by Smokers or they may have gone into hiding.
- After CJ says to fix the air conditioning, a pile of blood and scattered limbs can be found. This might be the remains of Jason and Billy, though it may be someone else that CJ tried to help, however.
- At one point shortly before the first event, infected players can find a well-known person on a roof.