| "Built that thing to be Zombie-Proof!"
This article is not canon. Dead Before Dawn/Citylights is a creation made by the community, and not by Valve.
| "Unless anyone has a better plan..."
This article, Dead Before Dawn/Citylights, requires a properly written walkthrough.
|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
| Chapter 1|
|Campaign||Dead Before Dawn|
|Dead Before Dawn Chapter Chronology|
- "The Crossroads Mall, where shopping is a joy."
- ―Crossroads Mall Ad
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Being out in the open without any kind of cover is obviously not a good way to survive, so make you way to somewhere safe.
At the beginning, the AI Survivors will grab:
- Bill will grab a Submachine Gun.
- Francis will grab a Submachine Gun.
- Louis will grab a Submachine Gun.
- Zoey will grab a Submachine Gun.
This is not always absolute; the AI Survivors may occasionally attempt to balance out the ratio of firearms depending on what the human players pick up first or what weapon is closer to them. The map is quiet easy and similar to the official campaigns. The Survivors turn right and take some equipment, walk down the stairs and through two stores, one being on fire, and a back alley. Meanwhile, they can see the credits of the people created this campaign. After leaving the second store, they walk past a street and hear an military message that the city is about to get bombed. The Survivors need to hurry and run into the cellar of the city hall. At the backside, there is a hole blown in the wall and you leave the cellar on the left side of the starting area. From here, players need to rush into the subway―however, they should check the ambulance for a possible First-Aid kit. From here, players need to go into the maintenance area of the station, climb a ladder and some long stairs which leads to the saferoom. Congratulations, you made it. Grab whatever you need, because soon, you will realize, that on Map 2, Anna is gone.
waiting for info
- The original path was slightly different and players started in the second shop while the stairs to the city hall were accessible from the tunnel.
- In the Beta, bombing was supposed to kill the players if they didn't reach the tunnel in time. However, that was seen as too difficult by most people and therefore, got removed.