| "Built that thing to be Zombie-Proof!"
This article is not canon. Dead Before Dawn/A New Dawn is a creation made by the community, and not by Valve.
| "Unless anyone has a better plan..."
This article, Dead Before Dawn/A New Dawn, requires a properly written walkthrough.
|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
| Chapter 5|
A New Dawn
|Campaign||Dead Before Dawn|
|Dead Before Dawn Chapter Chronology|
- "Guys, we're getting out of here."
Also see: Tactics
All campaign walkthroughs are done on Normal difficulty in single player, and are meant to give tips on what to do and generally point out things that might otherwise be missed.
There are, of course, a few key things to always remember:
- Stop, look, and listen.
- This cannot be stressed enough. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a cooperative game. Communicate with your teammates, if you're playing with others, or if you're by yourself with the AI, point out things they might otherwise miss. In all cases, watch out for each other and take care of each other. You are not going to survive the zombie apocalypse by yourself.
- Be ready for anything.
- Don't panic.
Time to leave this hell on earth. Make your way to the garage and wait for CJ to come with you.
At the beginning, the AI Survivors will grab:
- Bill will grab an Assault Rifle.
- Francis will grab an Auto Shotgun.
- Louis will grab an Assault Rifle.
- Zoey will grab a Hunting Rifle.
The Survivors enter the Food Court, which is partly destroyed. On the other side, the Survivors walk through a spinning glass door into the parking-house of the Crossroads Mall, which is also hit very hard. They call it the DoNKiNG parking named after Matthew "DoNKiNG" Lourdelet (of 2 Evil Eyes fame) who was the architect for the parking decks.
The lowest level has almost no lights, so the Survivor should be rather careful and make their way to the ramp leading to the next floor. Here, they follow the only available path and halfway through, they can find a abandoned security booth containing a medical cabinet, ammo and weapons. Once again, they can walk up to the next floor. Through more broken cars, fences and concrete, the Survivors pass a police car containing two medkits, ammo and Tier 1 weapons. Halfway through, they find the floor partly collapsed. In a corner across the level, they enter a door to go upstairs. Next floor, they go through a broken wall into the elevator shaft and reach the top, where they call CJ―causing the Horde to appear. It's a typical finale. After a while, CJ arrives with an armored truck, the Survivor climb in and escape through the entrance of the parking lot―in hope to find a safer place.
waiting for info
- The Finale went through several changes. Previous plans contained:
- Going outside instead to stay all the time in the parking house
- The Finale being a gauntlet
- The Survivors needed to collect parts of the Truck, which is already there
- CJ stays behind to keep a gate open by hand
- The parking house had five floors instead of three
- One graffiti lists all people who donated for the campaign.
- Even though the on-screen message says "Rescue has arrived," CJ still needs a very brief moment to arrive. However, before that message appears, CJ will drive around your position, forcing you to fight with a third Tank.
- The song from the radio in the cut scene for Left 4 Dead is "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC, but for Left 4 Dead 2, it's "Midnight Ride" by the Midnight Riders.