|Capacity||12 Fl. Oz. (355ml)|
- "But in my haste, I forgot cola!"
- "Cola for guns, I think this is like the reverse of what my school did."
The Cola is a rare usable item found only in Left 4 Dead 2. The Survivors agree to obtain a six-pack of cola from nearby convenience store and bring it back to Whitaker, the owner of the gun shop in Dead Center, in return for which he will use a rocket-propelled grenade to destroy a fuel tanker truck that is blocking their way to the Liberty Mall.
When the Survivors open the door of the Save 4 Less store, a burglar alarm sounds which triggers a Crescendo Event. After sprinting into the store to retrieve the six-pack, the player who ends up carrying the Cola cannot use any weapon other then the Cola pack itself in a basic melee shove attack to bat Infected out of the way during the run back to Whitaker's safe room door. In common with all melee attacks, this action is subject to a fatigue timer whereby melee shove strength is degraded by its frequency of use without rest.
Despite the Cola being contained in glass bottles, the six-pack will crack Infected heads, take gunshots (slivers of glass will fly off) be thrown or dropped with impunity. In a word, the Cola is indestructible.
Like any other holdable item, the Cola six-pack requires four melee shoves to kill a Common Infected or a single swing to an Infected's spine when the victim is passive and unalerted. Similarly, four melee shoves are required to kill a Jockey, Smoker, Boomer, Hunter, or Spitter.
- The Cola's design is inspired by Coca-Cola, as shown by the glass bottles and the red-and-white packaging. Appropriately enough, Dead Center is set in Georgia , which is where the Coca-Cola Corporation is headquartered (though Dead Center takes place in Savannah while Coke is based out of the capital, Atlanta).
- Survivors can take the Cola back down into Whitaker's store, but they cannot push it out the front door.
- If Rochelle is the designated Cola carrier, she will sometimes comment that she may have grabbed Diet Cola, yet the package has no indication of being diet. It is possible that she may have been mistaken or that she is simply teasing Whitaker.
- Like the Bile bomb and Molotov, the liquid inside moves in sync with the carrier's actions.
- When surrounded by Infected, dropping the Cola temporarily to deal with them using weapons is a viable tactic rather than attempting to shove them all out of the way.
- The Cola can be retrieved by a console command: type "sv_cheats 1" (without the quotes) and then type "give cola_bottles" (without the quotes). However, the Cola thus obtained cannot be given to Whitaker until the store door has been opened. (Note: Spawning the Cola bottles in a different map will trigger the "Grab the cola!" icon.)
- This is also another reference to 2004's Dawn of the Dead. In the film, Andy, a gun store owner, holed himself up in his gun store, but forgot to grab food.
- As can be read on its packaging, the Cola's brand name is "Cola Time." This may be a reference to the coffee brand name "Coffee Time."
|Left 4 Dead|
|Tier 1||Pump Shotgun / Submachine Gun|
|Tier 2||Assault Rifle / Auto Shotgun / Hunting Rifle|